Following the 2008 revision of the Swiss Code of Obligations, companies in Switzerland have to establish an internal control system. Isn’t it about time you reviewed your company’s ICS to determine its effectiveness and any amendments needed?
The requirement to have an internal control system is not explicitly stipulated in the Code of Obligations as a duty of the audited company; rather, it is specified as an audit objective of the auditor. Pursuant to Article 728a of the code, auditors must examine whether an internal control system exists. Furthermore, pursuant to Article 728a the auditors must take the system into account when performing and determining the scope of the audit. The above provisions apply only to companies that are subject to a regular audit pursuant to Articles 727 and following of the code. It therefore follows that the legislature expects those companies which are subject to a regular audit to have an internal control system in place. Due to the fact that the audit requirements are independent of the legal form of an organization, different legal entities such as corporations, limited liability companies, cooperatives, associations or foundations may be required to set up an internal control system if they are subject to a regular audit
An organization’s internal control system covers all of the procedures, methods and controls established by its board of directors and management in order to ensure the proper functioning of business operations. Internal controls are an integral part of an entity’s business processes.
Deliverables of this Task
– We review your existing ICS either if it is written down or embedded in systems or policies. You receive a written report with our findings and recommendations for improvement
– We use a best case approach which consists of templates of controls we would expect in your ICS depending on your industry and specific risks
– We interview a maximum of three of your personal involved in the ICS per telephone
– We will start the work immediately after receiving your documents and deliver the report in 3 working days
– You provide us with all relevant documentation available for us to complete the task
– You will keep your relevant personnel available to complete the task in 3 days
– Upfront payment at registration
If you have any questions or remarks please send us a message using the mail option you see on the right. By clicking the Order button you agree with the Task Terms and Conditions. You will receive a confirmation email and you will be able to see the task in your Taskboard.